Friday, June 1, 2012

Walden, Colorado

A little over 50 miles of climbing and we have arrived in Walden, Colorado for the night. We are now up to 8300 feet elevation with a climb thru Willow Creek Pass at an elevation of 9621 ft scheduled for tomorrow. We stopped at a post office today and sent home 25 lbs of stuff that we had yet to use and decided to shed the pounds for the climbs. If we have not used it by now we do not need it. We are headed to Kremmling, Colorado and I have already touched base with a bike shop and mechanic
there to replace the front derailer cable and fix what I probably screwed up when I tried to "fix it". Thank goodness Co-Motion makes a great bike that stands up to all kinds of abuse including inept repairs. The climbing keeps getting tougher every day and 20 to 40 mile winds are the usual, sometimes a help and sometimes not so much. Betsy continues to amaze me with her strength as a stoker and her patience with my moods. Guess that is why we have been married for 36 years. I think this is bringing us even closer.

2 comments:

  1. My iPad says it's one hour and eight minutes from Walden to Kremmerling. Should be no problem...wait that's by car. Ouch...60 plus miles. I know, I'm a smart ass. I admire you both for your great dreams and efforts. We thought about you last evening after the Thursday night group ride. Bill and Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You called it. It was definitely 60 PLUS(!) miles. It was 79.6! We'll post to the blog in a bit.

      Delete