Friday, June 15, 2012

Bartlesville, Oklahoma

95 miles, 90% humidity and 100 degree temperatures. I have to say this was one of the toughest days on a bike ever, (including France last year and the Rockies this year). Oklahoma has plenty of hills and we did more than our share of climbing. We started at 0845 Am and pulled into our hotel at 745PM last night. Pizza - gin and tonic - milk duds for desert and sleep. We slept in this morning and now are preparing to ride to a suburb of Tulsa (50 miles). It rained 1 and 1/2 inches last night so should be cooler but still humid. The native american culture throughout the state has been very interesting.

3 comments:

  1. No Milk Duds for me for dessert. I'm not a Milk Dud kind of girl. They get stuck in my teeth. I had some melted from the extreme heat in my pannier Green & Black's dark chocolate. I put it in the fridge as soon as we got in our room and I must say it was rather delicious! Just say'n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good, Betsy! We like the sign behind you too! My husband and children are registered Osage! Sherri and I were just talking about your adventure today.

    Andy and I are keeping track of you!

    Miss you guys,

    Becki & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. (R): Pizza, G&T, and Milk Duds! Now THAT'S a training regimen. Remember, humidity is good for the complexion. Pedal on.

    ReplyDelete